Monday, March 19, 2012

Words of Encouragement

So as many of you know, I am starting my new business. I have clients lined up for weddings this year and I cannot wait to get things rolling! But sometimes I catch myself getting too far ahead of myself and then over thinking the logistics. Then I get frustrated and feel like I should just give up on everything! At that point in time, God feeds me some feel-good-encouraging-YOU-CAN-DO-IT words that I need. I was laying in bed yesterday trying to fall asleep and my mind was racing with big dreams for my business, how I want to be as AWESOME as Jasmine Star, Katelyn James, and Justin & Mary. These dreams are suddenly shattered by the realization that there is a lot of hard work, practice, and many, many long days before I get to that stage I feel somewhat discouraged. Coincidentally I was reading a post on Katelyn James’ blog, in the midst of my despair, where she was talking about her business start up tips. She gave some really neat and useful insight on the business side of being a photographer by using her experiences. That post spoke to me…no really, it SPOKE to me:
“The first year can be the hardest. You’re probably not going to make any money. You’ll have to work harder than you ever have and you’ll be tired. Decide to keep going. Decide to keep pushing forward and taking risks. This isn’t over until you allow it to be over. If this is your passion, make a commitment to keep fighting for your dream!”
-Katelyn James
So here it is; here I am. Deciding to keep going. Deciding to keep pushing forward and taking risks. Because this IS my PASSION, here is my commitment to keep fighting for MY DREAM!

Despite all that I have working against me, I have so many things working with me to help me accomplish my goals and keep me heading on the path that I want to be on. I am so INCREDIBLY blessed to have the people I have in my life. Without their support, I would be lost. I thank God everyday for giving me strength and courage to keep my eyes on the prize and for reminding me to be grateful for all the blessings I have. Happy Monday!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment